Wednesday, September 7, 2016

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: About the Classes at Friendship Raceway

Okay, so as some of you may have noticed, we had a little drama at the track this weekend. So, I would like to clarify what happened. And, what will be done for the rest of this year and for next year....
 
We started this season running all the cars in one class... In about July, our car count started to grow and racers were requesting a Trophy Class. We put out an announcement that we were trying to put together a 7.99 or slower Trophy class. And that is just what we have been trying to do. The problem is that we have yet to fill that class with at least 8 cars running 7.99 or slower. 

This weekend, I had 5 cars signed in to run the Trophy class that ran 7.99 or slower. Then I had 3 other cars that wanted in that actually ran faster: a 7.72, a 7.93, and a 7.96. To fill the class, I went ahead and allowed the three cars into the race. But, unfortunately I upset a few racers by doing so. I should have called a drivers meeting and explained what I was doing. This is my mistake.

In fear that this problem will arise again, I would like to let everyone know what we will be doing for the rest of the year and for next year.

UNTIL THE END OF THE 2016 RACE SEASON: I want everyone to know that I am only permitting slower cars into the pro race because of the points program. We began the points in the beginning of the year when we were running everyone in all one class. The slower cars that have been participating would be at a disadvantage if I force them into the trophy class because that race usually runs 5 rounds, while the pro class usually runs 7 rounds.

As for the trophy class: We would like the ET cutoff to be 7.99 or slower, HOWEVER, THE ET CUTOFF MAY BE LOWERED IN ORDER TO FILL THE CLASS (Just like we do for the Quick 8 race.) I want to get this class going guys! Or I would just cut it out of the program all together and avoid all this confusion. But, I think it is a nice thing to offer, especially to some of our new racers, so I want to continue trying! SO, THAT CUTOFF WILL BE 7.99, BUT I MAY LOWER THE ET GRADUALLY TO FILL THE CLASS! I want everyone to be aware of this! I will fill this class with 8 cars every week if possible!

AS FOR NEXT YEAR (THE 2017 RACE SEASON): Next year, we will start the year off running two classes. Pro and Trophy. We will set the rules and go over them during our Annual Pre-season Banquet, at which time we will be happy to hear racer input. We want to create the perfect 'Racers Track'. I want the program to be WHAT THE RACERS WANT!! So before we even run the first race, we will all come together and go over the rules, print them out for everyone to have a copy, and stick to them.

SOUND GOOD EVERYONE?????

April Galloway
Track Manager
Friendship Raceway

No comments:

Post a Comment